France 2004

My Name is Bett. On May 5th, 2004, my husband Tony, my 20 year old sister Abby, and 17 year old sister Christy went on a vacation of a lifetime to Paris and Clermont France. This is a rough journal of it. I say rough because its missing a lot of stuff. I hope to go thru it and add things as I have time. You can comment on entries. I hope you enjoy reading and get a glimse of how wonderful France is. Trip Pictures

Friday, September 03, 2004

France Adventure Part 2

We saw the Eiffel Tower. I stayed on the first level(57 meters--171 feet). This made Tony very nervous. Abby, Christy and I walked to the second level. The third level is well over 300 meters--over 1000 feet!!! But it was closed for something.

While my and my sisters went to the second level, Tony ate a hot dog and drank some coffee in a restaurant on the second level--it was really cool. The whole city of Paris stretched out in ever direction. There were many tourists.The thir level was closed so we had to stay there. We filmed all around. On the way down we ran into an indian guy who wanted something from us, but we weren't sure what it was. He kept showing us his passport. He also had headphones and kept wanting us to listen to them.It was quite scary. I taped him incase he didn't something weird so we could show the police.We finally broke away from him and got down to the second level.When we got back to where Tony was and we all drew and painted. We stayed on the second level until the tower closed--11pm. Then we walked to the Champ De Elysees. We ended up eating some tex-mex food on our walk.
We went to Channel and the different clothing makers--window browsing. A pair of blue jeans cost 2100 euros.
Daylight seems to be very long here. We found out sunrise is at 6:15am AND sunset is around 9:25pm!!!
You don't realize how late it is because of the long days. We are walking a lot all over the place.
Today we plan to go to the Louvre Museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home